Unsupported Browser
Please try one of the following browsers for a better experience when visiting our website.
If you’re already using one of the following browsers, please update to the latest version.
Google Chrome
Microsoft Edge
Mozilla Firefox

Disclaimer: If you access our website with Internet Explorer,
pages may display poorly, and features may not function as intended.

Riverside County Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder logo

Eminent Domain

You may complete your Humane Officer filing in the Riverside Gateway or Palm Desert locations. Appointments are recommended.

This provides that if a government agency acquires property through condemnation, owners have the right to retain their existing value and transfer it to a replacement property. The replacement property must be comparable to the property acquired, and an application form must be filed with the Assessor within four (4) years from the date of acquisition.

If you wish to file a claim for Eminent Domain, you may print the Claim for Base Year Value Transfer and submit it to our office. If you would like the form mailed to you, please call (951) 955-6200. 

For more information, please see the Eminent Domain Pamphlet - ACR212.pdf