Unsupported Browser
Please try one of the following browsers for a better experience when visiting our website.
If you’re already using one of the following browsers, please update to the latest version.
Google Chrome
Microsoft Edge
Mozilla Firefox

Disclaimer: If you access our website with Internet Explorer,
pages may display poorly, and features may not function as intended.

Riverside County Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder logo

Commissioner for the Day

State law designates the County Clerk as a commissioner of civil marriages and allows the County Clerk to deputize individuals to perform civil marriages.

If you have a friend or family member (age 18 or older) that you would like to perform your marriage ceremony, they can be deputized to do so.

The cost to be deputized as commissioner of marriage for a day is $59.

How to Apply

To apply, follow the steps below:

    • Keep your order number (SST#)
    • Bring your valid government-issued ID
    • Bring payment; we accept credit/debit card, cash, check, and money order

Common Questions

The California Department of Public Health has compiled answers to common questions for marriage officiants.