PLEASE UPDATE YOUR WEB BROWSER
Please try one of the following browsers for a better experience when visiting our website.
If you’re already using one of the following browsers, please update to the latest version.
Disclaimer: If you access our website with Internet Explorer,
pages may display poorly, and features may not function as intended.
Confidential Marriage License
The Riverside County Clerk’s Office is issuing marriage licenses in-person at its public service offices. Appointments are recommended. You will find the requirements to obtain a license and the steps to book your appointment on this page.
PLEASE NOTE: The office of the Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder strongly advises that a Public marriage license be issued except in those instances where the confidentiality of the marriage date is important. It has been our experience that complications frequently arise when copies are requested and can ONLY be issued to the married couple.
To obtain a marriage license you must meet the following requirements:
- Both parties MUST be 18 years of age or older. (We are not issuing licenses to minors at this time.)
- Both parties MUST be present TOGETHER during their appointment to obtain the marriage license.
- Both parties MUST have valid, current picture identification. The identification must be government-issued. Some examples include State-issued Driver's License or identification card; Military identification; Green Card; Naturalization Certificate; Passport.
- If either party has been divorced or has had a dissolution of a State Registered Domestic Partnership within 90 days of the issuance of the marriage license, a copy of the FINAL Dissolution IS REQUIRED. We will take a copy of the register of actions showing the written final decree of dissolution has been entered. The divorce paperwork does not need to be certified. A copy of a Minute Order IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.
- Payment of fee for a confidential marriage license: $110.00.
Certain notaries public undergo special training to obtain authorization to issue confidential marriage licenses. If this service is of interest to you, please contact one of the notaries on the list below to learn more.
|Luz Maria Felix-Hernandez
|Velia Leah Figueroa
|Dr. Braveheart Hernandez-Cordova
|Aurora A. Lavado
|Ines Micaela Lira
|Frank A. Meola
|Stephen Daniel Mistriel
|Montserrath Lizbeth Salinas
Obtain a Confidential Marriage License
To obtain your marriage license in person:
- Keep your order number (SST#)
- Bring your valid government-issued ID.
- Bring payment; we accept credit/debit card, cash, check, and money order.
Once issued, licenses are valid for 90 days. During this time, your ceremony must be performed in the State of California by an authorized officiant.